Why attend the conference?
Reasons to attend – Public Sector
The Smart Transport conference provides public sector transport policymakers with a unique opportunity to meet with peers and learn from other local authorities’ best practice case studies of developing transport systems. In addition, meet private sector transport leaders who can share their knowledge and provide solutions to help make transport policies happen.
- Learn about the Government’s latest transport strategy and challenges on the road to net zero
- Find out how data can be leveraged to help local authorities implement transport policies and accelerate the transition to decarbonised transport options
- Discover how to overcome public backlash when changing a transport policy
- Understand how fully integrated transport systems can attract inward investment
- Learn how local authorities could introduce measures to help ease the cost of living crisis and its impact on public transport.
- Meet your public sector peers and transport sector executives as part of the high-quality networking opportunities
- Attend presentations and seminars delivered by senior policymakers and the private sector to understand how the public and private sector can collaborate to connect policy to real-time solutions
- Meet like-minded practitioners from the world of transport and learn how they can help you overcome your biggest challenges
Reasons to attend – Private Sector
- Hear from public sector transport policymakers on the key challenges they face and take part in high-level debate to discover how private sector innovation and technology can help turn local and national government policy vision into reality.
- Learn how the private sector can collaborate with the public sector to help them achieve their Levelling Up ambitions and work alongside local authorities and other key stakeholders to make Local Transport Plans (LTP) a reality
- Hear how private sector businesses are helping to decarbonise the commute by reducing car use and business travel
- Hear about opportunities available to the private sector as part of the next steps of the Government’s Transport Decarbonisation Plan
- Unlock commercial opportunities presented by government policy
- Understand public sector pressures as policymakers outline their biggest challenges and reveal the roadmap to addressing them
- Invaluable networking: discuss challenges with senior transport and mobility decision-makers and find solutions
- Get close to policy-setting government figures at local and national level
An excellent conference to meet with others in the transport sector and share best practice. Great to hear from pivotal change makers in both the private and public sector today
It's been very informative and opened my eyes to new options. We are all facing the same challenges and great to hear solutions. I have met some super interesting people too.”
Very eye opening conference. Good to see the private and public sector together to understand the challenges we are all facing
Great to be at a conference that brings the private and public sector together to jointly try and achieve the same goals. Met some very interesting new contacts